Since collections can have completely different description fields a direct transfer is not possible, but there is an easy way to do it.
A few simple steps an you're done:
1. You need to create an export of all the samples want to transfer from the original collection. You need to check their boxes in the list view.
2. Click on export.
Note that a collection export file will have a row for each stock, for example, if you have one entry for E. coli but 10 stocks of it, in the export there will be 10 rows for E. coli.
3. Go to the target collection and download import template:
4. Copy the columns from the export file to the new import template. One column at a time, and paste as values. Do not copy the SysID column! Make sure you follow the general import instructions. When copying, please note to copy one row per item, stocks can be imported via the stocks import
In addition to the above note, once importing back to the system, make sure to remove duplicate lines in the excel file and keep one row per item. As for the stocks, if exist, update them separately using stock update and not via the import collection excel file.
5. Upload the file to target collection, from the import page:
Please note that duplicate catalog numbers are not allowed, so the item from the original collection (or at least it's cat. number) should be deleted first.
6. Go back to original collection, check all transferred items and choose 'Delete'.