Roles indicate the user's permissions in the LabGuru platform, what they can and cannot perform.
The Account Owner and Admins can access the account Settings and assign roles and their privileges. These privileges specify the permissions the users will have when using Labguru.
Creating a new role in Labguru
1. At the top right corner of the page click the lab account name and click on Settings.
2. In the Account Settings screen go to the Role Management tab.
3. If you wish to create a New role, enter a name into the box for the new role you wish to create and click on Add new.
4. Check the boxes, in the role line, according to the privileges you wish to grant that role:
Standard user (all checkboxes un-checked) – Relevant for most users. Users can create ELN records, edit, and create items in all modules, delete only their own items in the inventory.
Can administer system – The user can manage the account, invite/lock members, edit inventory settings, and edit all account data. In addition, they are granted with 'sign and witness', and approve orders privileges.
Can approve orders – Standard user privileges with the ability to approve orders in the shopping list.
Can witness (Experiments, Protocols, and SOP's) – Standard user privileges with the ability to witness other users’ experiments, protocols, and SOPs.
Read Only – The user cannot add, remove, or edit data. They can only view the entries they have permission to view.
5. Click on Save at the bottom of the page.
Assign the role you created to a current or new user for them to have those privileges.
Assigning roles to users
1. At the top right corner of the page click the lab account name and click on Members.
2. Click on the member you wish to add the new role to (to add a new member see How to Add and Lock a Member).
3. In the member's info page click on Edit under the member's role.
4. In the Edit Member screen, under the Role field, click on the field and select the relevant role from the list.
Note: this is a required field, indicated by the red asterisk next to the field name.