In Labguru, you can scan barcodes of your samples and equipment. Read here how and what you can do with it.
- Connect your barcode scanner. You can use any scanner or handheld device that is capable of reading barcode code 128.
- Quickly add your stocks or equipment to your experiments by clicking on the 'Scan barcode' field in Samples or Equipment elements:
- Add samples or stocks to an existing experiment, scanning your stocks barcode in the sample element
- Add equipment by scanning its barcode to the equipment element
How to add barcodes to Labguru
If you already acquired samples with barcodes you need to add the barcode value to the stocks's 'Barcode' value" in the following options:
- In the stock page. Edit the stock add the barcode value to the 'Barcode' field by scanning or typing it in.
2. Using the import/update function. Fill the barcode value in the 'stock barcode' column in the stocks import template, when importing new entries or updating existing ones.
You can also use Labguru's Label Wizard to create labels with barcodes of your own. When doing so, there is no need to define a barcode value, the Label Wizard will create for each stock or equipment a unique barcode.