Document and book instruments, from your account's 'Equipment' module, you are using in your experiments with the "equipment element".
Book time slots by a fast link to the instrument's calendar and a quick access to all the needed information and, of course, a direct link.
How to use the Equipment element:
1.Adding the element to the section. Click anywhere on a section to open it in edit mode
--> Go to 'More' drop-down --> choose 'Add equipment'
2. Add instruments by typing their name. Type the first 3 characters and the system outputs a shortlist of equipments to choose from. Simply click 'Add' on all instruments you wish to add.
3. Add a new instrument --> click on 'Create new equipment',
or, type it's name in the search bar and choose to add it.
The new instruments will be added to your equipment module list.
4. All instruments added appear in a list along with the details needed chosen by you using the 'Customize columns' option.
5. Book a time slot using the instrument calendar:
6. Instrument information is updated frequently, keep track using the option "Check for updates" --> a notation appears for every change made, showing both old and new entries --> choose to accept the change or leave it as it was before.
The links created when adding equipments to experiments are two-sided. The conection is reflected on the instrument's page --> 'Experiment And Protocols' tab where it is shown all experiments that used an instrument and by who.
- Note that any equipment that was added to experiments and protocols, cannot be deleted from the account unless it is removed from the corresponding experimental pages first.