Organise your team roles and assign them the adequate privileges to grant them with more or less responsibilities over the account data.
How to assign roles and privileges in Labguru:
1. The Account Owner and Admins can access the account Settings to set up Role management
2. Each role can be assigned several privileges
3. Create new roles and assign it the adequate privileges
4. Roles can be also deleted if they aren't needed
5. When inviting a member or editing an existing member profile, the role specification is a must:
For a better understanding of Privileges
Account owner - It is set automatically when opening the account. Able to edit all data and see all updates of the account and receives the account data export file.
Can administer system (Admin) - Can manage the account, invite/lock members, edit inventory settings and edit all account data. In addition they are granted with 'sign and witness', and approve orders privileges.
Can approve orders - Can approve orders from shopping list. Besides that the user has standard user privileges.
Can witness - This is a standard user with the ability to sign and witness other's experiments, protocols and SOPs.
Standard user - Relevant for most of the users. Could be any role with non specific privileges. Allows creation of its own ELN, add and edit items in all modules, delete only its own items.
Read Only - Can only read. Not allowed to add data or editing.