You can populate your equipment list faster and easier.
We implemented the same functionality as you already know from the Inventory module.
1. Import new equipment
Before importing you can customize the collection to add the relevant information to your equipment using the import file.
In the 'Equipment' page, click on the Cog icon on the upper right corner to open the drop-down menu and click on 'Import/Update'.
Download the import template (Excel file) from the new window. Make sure you follow the instruction before populating the Excel:
- DO NOT delete/rename/move/add any columns(You may keep them blank or hide).
- Use "Paste Special -- Values" when copying into the template.
- The only mandatory field is Name.
- Blue columns mark default fields. Orange columns are of the custom fields added by you.
- Id: Do not fill this column. This is used only when updating existing items.
- Equipment Owner: If you keep it empty, you will be automatically the owner of the item.
- Tags: Use this column to add new items already with Labguru tags.
- Storage Location: Choose where to locate the stock (or box if decided to place in one) from the drop-down menu.
Once done populating the Excel file, upload to Labguru in "Step 3" on the import page by dragging the file into the box or by clicking on the box to browse the file. When the import is completed you'll get an email notification with a link to the import summary page in Labguru.
2. Export your equipment list
You can export selected instruments (by checking their boxes on the left) or your full list (by not checking any boxes). You will receive your Export file by email.
3. Update your instruments
You can update your current equipment list by exporting your list and change the existing data, inside the Excel export file. DO NOT edit the "Id" column!
You can import and update instruments in the same file, just remember to leave the "Id" column empty for new instruments and put the right Id for existing instruments you want to update.
If you encounter any issues, take a look at this article, otherwise contact us directly.