Inventory items and stocks are frequently experiencing information changes.
Edit multiple stocks, at once, using the import function.
How to bulk-update stocks
Step 1: Select the desired stocks
From the stocks index page, select the one you wish to edit or use the filtering option to pull the desired stocks list
Step 2: Export Stocks
Click the cog icon on the upper right corner --> Choose 'Export'
An email with a link to the Excel file will be automatically sent to you.
Step 3: Edit Stocks
- Download the Excel file received by email.
- Make all changes needed inside the Excel file.
It is important to note-
- Stock ID column have to be with the correct ID, Do not leave this empty.
- Labguru will update any stock that have data written in it's row if it is the same data as before no change will be applied but it will state that the stock was updated, if a cell is left empty it update it, and the data will remain as before the update.
- You may change a content of a stock as long as the new content is of same collection (stocks are 'collection sensitive' e.g. a plasmid cannot become an antibody) and its corresponding system ID is provided.
- If designated position within a box is already taken, stocks will be placed in the next available slot.
- Changing locations - It is possible to change stocks' locations within a box, move to another box or to a storage location. Changes from a Storage location to a box cannot be done.
- In general, make sure you keep the same rule like when importing stocks.
Step 4: Upload the file
Click the cog icon on the upper right corner and choose 'Import / update' from the drop-down menu.
In the new window opened, drag and drop your file onto the box or click it and browse it.
You will get an email when the upload is completed, the stocks will be updated!
Read this article If you encounter any problems during the process or contact us.