Save time populating your inventory stocks with the import function.
Before adding stocks, you can customize the stocks information to add custom fields that you need (only available for admins)
How to import Stocks
1. Go to the stock page under the 'Storage & Equipment' module
2. Click on import
3. Download Labguru’s stocks import template (an Excel file).
4. Populate your sheet per the instructions (here below and more explanations in the sheet itself about each column in the header row).
- DO NOT delete/rename/move/add any columns (You may keep them blank or hide them if empty).
- Use "Paste Special -- Values" when copying to our template. For dates, just use regular "Paste".
- Stock ID should be filled only when trying to update existing stocks, when adding new stocks, leave it empty.
- Name field is mandatory.
- You can enter under Type : Tube, Bottle, Vial, Package, Slide, Block, envelope or other. Leaving the column empty will mark the stock as 'Tube'.
- Stock count: Fill in by entering digits only when you wish to create more than one stock.
- Stock owner and Stored/frozen by: choose a member from the list. If you keep it empty, you will be automatically assigned as the owner.
- If you want the stocks to be in a box, fill in the Box name column, if you enter a name of a box that does not exist in your account, the import file will create it for you.
- If you create a new box, make sure to fill in in the first row this box is mentioned it's dimensions, using the #Rows and #Columns.
- In Stock position you choose where you want to place your stock (inside the box). Enter either numeric or alphanumeric position (e.g. 1B or 11), If multiple tubes, simply separate by commas (e.g. 1, 5, 12, 16). Note - If left blank, the system will automatically place a tube in the first available slots within the box.
- To place the stock (or the new box, in case you created one using the Box name column), choose under Stock location one of the locations offered in the drop-down menu. You cannot create new storage locations using this column.
- Make sure to fill in correctly Inventory item name and that Inventory collection field is populated using the drop-down list. When linking the stock to an existing collection item you then must fill in the name of the collection and the name of the item as it appears in inventory. You can fill in the Inventory item sysID instead of it's name (no need for both).
- For more tips on how to fill in the import table correctly look for the small red triangles in the headers of each column, hover the pointer above them to open the explanation window.
5. In "Step 3" - Upload your template file to Labguru.
6. The import will be done at the background, meaning you can move on to other pages in Labguru and once the import is done, you will receive an email notification with a link to the import summary.
Since it is also possible to import your inventory collection with their stocks, you should use this option in the following scenarios:
- Your stocks collection is not linked to inventory items. You want to update the records of your tubes (or any other type of stocks).
- Your inventory items already exist in Labguru and you want to create new stocks on the fly, and creating them manually.
- The inventory item has different stocks in different storage locations, with different description or different name (concentration, owner, etc.').
- When you want to edit/update existing stocks.
If you encounter any issues with this tool , please see this article.